Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Holcombe
Posted On: Tuesday January 1, 2019 at 6:59 PM

1947 PACKARD Custom Super Clipper Limousine by CMF

With the 1942 senior body stamping dies lost/abandoned/ sold/scrapped during World War II, Packard used only the Clipper body dies for their post war production. This limousine, with or without window division passenger compartment, was made for Packard by the Henney Company of Freeport, IL. In the post war years, the Henney Company constructed over 3,000 limousine bodies for Packard until Henney stopped production in 1954.

I am quite impressed by the care with which CMF assembled this model. Better known for their 1:18 products, this Chinese firm has produced a couple of fine Packards. But being rather complex in detailing and made of resin, this model needs careful handling. I especially like the two-tone paint and have seen photos of the 1:1 with similar colors and separation. It's a good model.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

1947 PACKARD Custom Super Clipper Limousine by CMF by David Holcombe #25088
Watch that dog. (EOM) by David Crowe #25088.1
Excellent post, David. Historically informative, nice photos, helpful critique and pooch friendly! (EOM) by Randall Olson #25088.2
Thanks for the info. I have one on order. (EOM) by Brian Cox #25088.3
I have one of these on order as a fellow in a local car club by John Quilter #25088.4
Wow! Almost shorted out my keyboard by drooli&%$@.. Aw, heck. (EOM) by Randall Olson #25088.4.1
What a beautiful model. I need to order one of those. (EOM) by John Merritt #25088.5

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone