Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Holcombe
Posted On: Thursday January 3, 2019 at 6:23 PM

One more post! This is #1 in a series with PICs. Here's why:
An old small display table has been in a corner of my display area/ study for several years. It has accumulated my "parade cars." Recently I noticed that the table is a little shaky and needs repair, so I have emptied the models, some of which I haven't closely examined in quite a while. So here comes a series of "parade cars," along with a comment or two.

#1- A 4-horsepower English product:

Okay, it's not a car. But it's still an important part of a parade! A large open carriage (landau) constructed over a century ago (1902), and complete with footmen and riding coachmen- This was released by Corgi in 1976 for the upcoming celebration of the Queen's 25th year on the English throne. Figures of the Queen and her consort the Duke of Edinburgh were included, as is the Queen's Corgi at a rear wheel. This fine model was crafted by Mettoys for Corgi and sold for several years. I really like the figures included.

However, plans changed. For her 1977 Jubilee, the Queen instead paraded in the Golden State Coach, not the State Landau. Oops!

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

One more post! This is #1 in a series with PICs. Here's why: by David Holcombe #25096
Nice! And I guess the Corgi got a ride, too! :-) (EOM) by Karl Schnelle #25096.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone