Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Rick Thompson
Posted On: Friday January 4, 2019 at 5:21 PM

I believe the model shown in John's post is Carib Coral and Rodeo Beige,
not the Cordova Red and Kenya Ivory as shown in your photos, Ray. As to whether the coral and beige is an authentic combination, I can't say for sure. I've seen Carib Coral two-toned with Kenya Ivory, Sheffield Gray, or Charcoal Gray but I don't think I've seen it with Rodeo Beige. That doesn't mean it isn't correct, however. And without a dealer showroom album showing all the available combinations, I'm not going to go out on a limb and say it's wrong.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

1957 Pontiac by Raymond Paszkiewicz #25102
And are we supposed to think one of these is 1/43 scale? (EOM) by Don Anderson #25102.1
I don't think so. (EOM) by Lloyd Mecca #25102.1.1
I believe the model shown in John's post is Carib Coral and Rodeo Beige, by Rick Thompson #25102.2
Mine is Carib Coral with the roof Kenya Ivory by Michel Lemieux #25102.2.1
It is Carib Coral & Rodeo Beige. They are both valid colors for the '57 Pontiac. by John Merritt #25102.2.2
John, I'd like to call your attention to a mistake on this by Alex Taylor #25102.2.2.1
On Auto Color LIbrary for 1957 Pontiac it is shown right next to Carib Coral- ??? (EOM) by John Merritt #25102.2.2.1.1
PIC: Here's a copy of the Auto Color Library Page by John Kuvakas #25102.2.2.1.1.1
Very often, the story about spring colors leads into confusion: a 1956 Spring color will by Alex Taylor #25102.2.2.1.1.1.1
I agree John. The color combination is striking! (EOM) by Lou Petrucci #25102.2.2.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone