Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Raymond Paszkiewicz
Posted On: Friday January 4, 2019 at 9:34 PM

It appears that I have started a firestorm with my post on the 1957 Pontiac. Let me try and clear up my information.
1957 Pontiac Star Chief models are Customs, except for a DeLuxe 4 door post sedan. These Custom models were available in special colors, only for the Custom models. Carribean Coral is not one of these colors. Furthermore, Carribean Coral was only available, in combination with Chateau Gray, Sheffield Gray and Black. However Cordova Red in combination with Kenya Ivory is one of the special Star Chief colors. The model, which is a Star Chief, is in a color combination available on Super Chief and Chieftain models. I might add, that the Star Chief Convertible does not adhere to the above information. I hope I have cleared up the point I was making. I'm not criticizing the model, just trying to correct errors where I see them. Anytime I make comments on the forum, it is only to correct something which I may think is incorrect. This is why I stayed away from joining this forum over the past few years. I manufactured models for 18 years, so I know about taking criticism, or being corrected. This is one
of my favorite cars.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

1957 Pontiac by Raymond Paszkiewicz #25104
Thanks for the clarification, Ray. There are many here who have a deep respect for your insight. (EOM) by John Kuvakas #25104.1
Thanks also Ray. That's a complex array. Do you know of a GM source that lists all factory combos? (EOM) by Frank Racibozynski #25104.1.1
1957 Pontiac by Raymond Paszkiewicz #25104.1.1.1
The bottom picture is Ray with 2 younger sisters? by Richard Nosker #25104.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone