Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Mark Lampariello
Posted On: Saturday January 5, 2019 at 11:39 PM

I have this rather infamous parade vehicle too. The figure looks very much like JPII !
I think that this piece is a pretty rare find.

John Paul wanted something taller than a modified luxury sedan so he could be seen over the crowds. He took himself down to the Vatican maintenance garage, saw the ex-military Campagnola, had some pipe welded on to grab hold of, and had the thing sprayed white. Some of the info on Popemobiles is buried on the Vatican Museum web site, and can be viewed in person over there.

He then resented being enclosed in a glass cage like a specimen, and sometimes opened the bullet proof windows.

Some of the fun of collecting these little gems is any history and back stories. For road cars in general, if done accurately they represent to me a little piece of pop culture history. A little time capsule of its year and era

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

From the parade, another Popemobile, but different. (pics) by David Holcombe #25108
I have this rather infamous parade vehicle too. The figure looks very much like JPII ! by Mark Lampariello #25108.1
I like your comments, Mark, and we have similar feelings. Cars by David Holcombe #25108.1.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone