Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Holcombe
Posted On: Sunday January 6, 2019 at 7:55 AM

Parade time! An old favorite of "nobodies" from Corgi, and a Cadillac. (PICs)
1910 DAIMLER by CORGI Classics. No. 9021, produced 1964-1969

Sometimes identified as 1:50 in scale, this older Corgi has four passengers in very correct auto attire of the era. Not representations of actual people, but they look good! They seem to be made of rubber, not hard plastic. Anyhow, I like it so I keep it with my other parade vehicles.

It's hard to believe that this Corgi model was built about 50 years ago.

And another open limo from the years of Franklin Roosevelt:

1938 CADILLAC "QUEEN MARY" with FDR by REXTOYS

One of two 1938 Cadillac extended phaetons ordered by the US government in that year for use by the White House, this one was called the Queen Mary and the second the Queen Elizabeth. Both names originated with the large ocean liners of the era. These two cars were virtually identical open limousines on 165-inch wheelbases and were used by the White House for some twenty years.
A more accurate 1:43 scale "Queen Mary" was produced in more recent years by True Scale (TSM).

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Parade time! An old favorite of "nobodies" from Corgi, and a Cadillac. (PICs) by David Holcombe #25110
Excellent models David. I am really enjoying these photos. by John Merritt #25110.1
(PICS) The most accurate "Queen" was produced by Claude Thibivilliers... by Lloyd Mecca #25110.2
Beautiful model! And good information, too. Thanks, Lloyd. (EOM) by David Holcombe #25110.2.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone