Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Holcombe
Posted On: Monday January 7, 2019 at 2:58 PM

A parade car that I once modified (just for fun!), and it's a Cadillac, too. (PICs)

1955 CADILLAC with "Glass Top", King Baudouin of Belgium and his bride, by NOREV

7 September 1930 31 July 1993) reigned as the King of the Belgians from 1951 until his death in 1993. He was the elder son of King Leopold III Because Baudouin had no children with his wife, Fabiola, the crown passed to his younger brother, Albert II, formerly Prince of Liege, following his death.

I decorated this Norev model with flowers and altered models to make it look more as it appeared in the Dec. 1, 1960, wedding of King Baudouin to Fabiola de Mora y Aragon. This 1955 Cadillac in 1:1 form was modified and had a clear top constructed by Belgian craftspeople by its owner, the monarch. Made in 1:43 scale by NOREV, this glass-topped model has also been sold in black without figures as "Presidential Car," even though with this style roof it only exists in 1:1 as the one built for King Baudouin.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

A parade car that I once modified (just for fun!), and it's a Cadillac, too. (PICs) by David Holcombe #25115
Nice bit of detailing (EOM) by Tom Ciryak #25115.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone