Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Holcombe
Posted On: Tuesday January 8, 2019 at 7:23 AM

The parade goes on! This time with characters from fiction. (PICs)

HISPANO SUIZA J12, 1934, with HUGO DRAKE of MOONRAKER by UNIVERSAL

One of the James Bond movie cars, this open Hispano Suiza J12 of 1934 has a chauffeur and in the back seat is Hugo Drake, the villain in Ian Fleming's 1955 MOONRAKER. This model is portrayed as seen in the 1979 movie version.

(The 1:1 in a clip from the movie)

And a different kind of parade!

GENERIC PHAETON of TINTIN in parade, by HERGE

Belgian cartoonist George Remi (1907-1983), writing and drawing under the name of Herge, often portrayed his Belgian newspaper reporter using automobiles in his escapades. In TINTIN IN AMERICA (1931-32), Tintin's success over Chicago gangsters is celebrated by a ticker-tape parade, with Tintin and his dog Snowy riding in a large open car.

The cars and other vehicles of the Tintin adventures continue to be produced by the Herge production agencies, and most have been constructed by Atlas. This parade car is #39 by most accounts, and is at times described as Lincoln, Packard, Cadillac, and simply parade car. I think the last term is most accurate, for I find the styling rather generic circa 1930.

While somewhat simplified, the model fits well into my parade car display. I like the spirit involved in this presentation.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

The parade goes on! This time with characters from fiction. (PICs) by David Holcombe #25120
This Tintin adventure was very early (and not very PC) but later Herge drew very specific cars... (EOM) by Karl Schnelle #25120.1
Very nice, I've considered the James Bond version once or twice, never got it. (EOM) by John Merritt #25120.2
Atlas made several Tintin cars that have not been modelled by anyone else. by Randall Olson #25120.3
I think the '49 Buick 2 door sedan was a bit of modeler's license by John Quilter #25120.3.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone