Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Holcombe
Posted On: Wednesday January 9, 2019 at 3:33 PM

Raymond Loewy's 1959 Cadillac? Here's some information and pictures I found. (PIC)
1959 - Special Cadillac for Raymond Loewy - Paris stylist Raymond Loewy has had this special Cadillac made to order for his personal use.

(from the Jalopnik site)
Purchased new in 1959 by design and styling legend Raymond Loewy and shipped to his coachbuilder, Pichon-Parat of France. After it's transformation, it was painted in light blue/green metallic paint with a white roof and used by Loewy and his family forEuropean trips. It returned to New York, thereafter, to Loewy's principal residence and eventually was relocated to his Palm Springs, California residence. After clocking up approximately 41,000 kilometers, it was sold to his next door neighbor in January of 1971, and was stored until approximately 1989 when it was sold to it's third owner-a European collector. It has just been released from this collection and is now available for sale. Raymond Loewy last drove this vehicle, with the original mileage of approximately 41,000 kilometers still unchanged.

Quite a find and even though it's in a bit of rough shape, it looks to be very complete. Check out how the grille is perforated into the front of the hood never saw that trick before. While its styling is certainly not for everyone, this Caddy is pretty damned unique. Then again, it better be. The "buy it now" price on this little slice of history is $650,000.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

New Autocult models for Lloyd Mecca and Karl Schnelle by John Kuliak #25125
(PIC) This one? Don't know that I care enough to buy it. by Lloyd Mecca #25125.1
Well if Raymond was having a bad day just why did he take it out by Don Anderson #25125.1.1
Worst is that hideous thing was once a 59 Caddy. One of the ugliest car ever. My eyes are bleeding. (EOM) by Jean Philippe Sergent #25125.1.2
Raymond Loewy's 1959 Cadillac? Here's some information and pictures I found. (PIC) by David Holcombe #25125.2
Very interesting story. Nice from the rear but hideous nose. Not typical Loewy. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #25125.2.1
Like some women I've known... by John Seneff #25125.2.2
LOL !! (EOM) by Jack Dodds #25125.2.2.1
Big mistake from Autocult... by Sergio Luis Santos #25125.3
Besides the badge on some of them, I will look into it. Thanks!! Is there an Alfa engine/tranie/etc? (EOM) by Karl Schnelle #25125.4
(PICs) 1959 Cadillac Raymond Loewy by Peter Hart #25125.5

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone