Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Holcombe
Posted On: Friday January 11, 2019 at 2:53 PM

This is the model that first really impressed me with Brooklin. (PICs)

And it's one of the few Brooklin models that I have in duplicate.

A little more information on the 1:1-
Sources disagree on whether this show car is 1940 or 1941. As a show car, it rarely had a specific year attached. It was initially referred to as the Golden Arrow, but that soon became the Newport. Probably five examples were made by LeBaron for a national tour including a stop at the 1941 Indianapolis 500.

Styling for the car was the work of LeBaron who envisioned a streamlined version of a dual cowl phaeton. Thus, it had a completely separate rear passenger space complete with windshield and rear-view mirrors. Realized in aluminum, the shape of the car was entirely streamlined. The stylists most closely associated with this car were Alex Tremulis and Ralph Roberts. Of those constructed, two had hidden headlights.

Chrysler painted, other owners re-painted, and colors in pictures far outnumber the Newports constructed. I think I'm happy with my two.

It pleases me that soon my two Newports will be joined by the MATRIX 1:43 Chrysler Thunderbolt Concept by LeBaron. This is a 2-passenger coupe with disappearing roof that was designed and built at the same time as the Newport, with quite a different emphasis in styling. My order for one is already posted, but I wish it were being made by Brooklin. Matrix models will come with or without a roof, not having the disappearing feature.

Chrysler Thunderbolt

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Is anyone familiar with the 1941 Chrysler Newport dual cowl by Don Anderson #25135
PIC: Don, here's a link to a brief overview of the car by John Kuvakas #25135.1
This is the model that first really impressed me with Brooklin. (PICs) by David Holcombe #25135.2
Thanks guys and now my simple little question. Which one was by Don Anderson #25135.2.1
Don, here's some more information, but your question doesn't have by David Holcombe #25135.2.1.1
I'd bet on a pale green for the Pace Car. (EOM) by Dick Browne #25135.2.1.1.1Moderator
Well the only reason I rule out the green idea is there was a by Don Anderson #25135.2.1.1.1.1
Well if anyone is interested here is what I found out from all of by Don Anderson #25135.2.1.1.1.1.1
The Matrix cars are not intended to be Indy Pace Cars are they? More than one Newport was made. (EOM) by David Crowe #25135.2.1.1.1.1.1.1
You are welcome to come by and collect your $1. by Dick Browne #25135.2.1.1.1.1.1.2Moderator
Lol. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #25135.2.1.1.1.1.1.2.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone