Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Graeme Ogg
Posted On: Wednesday January 30, 2019 at 12:54 PM

Possibly just a teeny, teeny bit OTT, but compared with some of the dreadful, ill-proportioned one-offs and show cars we've seen modelled, it shows some real sense of style and proportion - from the front it could almost be an exaggerated early styling study for what became the 1960 Plymouth, with the tall fins and that side sweep running back from the grille over the front wheels, but with more of a 57-59 Imperial windscreen/windshield. I think the man must definitely have been influenced by Chrysler rather than Ford or GM styling (although the car did have a Cadillac engine).

It would definitely lend itself to modelling in nice, crisp resin, with lots and LOTS of photo-etch detail ready to fall off at the slightest touch. And of course there would have to be a version with the headlamps hidden (which looks a little stark, to my eyes) and one with them visible, and then we could all have a good grumble about having to buy both versions. Can't wait.

And by the way, when you take another look at that 1960 Plymouth, can we really accuse the Bobby Darin Dream Car of being OTT in the styling department?

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

(PIC) Do you think any mfg. could get this right in 1:43? by Lloyd Mecca #25270
Lloyd, Ask Autocult. They like to do proto types and exclusive models (EOM) by Jacques Roest #25270.1
I visited the Museum of Transportation in St. Louis County, Missouri by Bob Jackman #25270.2
This one took just a little research. Here it is: (pics) by David Holcombe #25270.3
Looks like a Bizarre to me - are they still being made? (EOM) by Karl Schnelle #25270.3.1
I met Andrew DiDia at the Bloomfield Hills Andiamos restaurant by Mark Millar #25270.3.2
WoW! What a chance encounter! (EOM) by Karl Schnelle #25270.3.2.1
Interesting design. Was it always one color or did it get a change? by Don Anderson #25270.4
[PICS] Yes, definitely quite intriguing. by Graeme Ogg #25270.4.1
if this is a custom-made car, I seriously doubt that Autocult will ever do this. by Joop Gisbers #25270.4.1.1
Well, Matrix did the "Vista Bird" ... by Graeme Ogg #25270.4.1.1.1
(PICS) The remaining photos...Color & B/W... by Lloyd Mecca #25270.5
Now that I see it closer I am more afraid of it. I think you could by Don Anderson #25270.5.1
p.s. (if anyone is interested) by Graeme Ogg #25270.5.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone