Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums – Forum 43 – Diecast Zone

Posted By: Mark Millar
Posted On: Wednesday January 30, 2019 at 1:58 PM

I met Andrew DiDia at the Bloomfield Hills Andiamos restaurant
Out of nowhere this polite well tailored gentleman came up and started a conversation with my family during dinner. He asked if I like cars the told me he was the designer of this automobile for Bobby Darin. He then showed me a picture of it, actually the same one with Bobby standing by it. After telling of how he took Bobby Darin’s input designing this car and adding some of he own ideas, he asked how I liked it.
His business card had a picture of this car on it and at first I thought this was a joke. Then I thought back when I was a kid of all the outrageous designs, like huge fins, bubble tops and fifth wheels and thought maybe it fit the era. I had heard of Bobby Darin, I think he was a singer with the big hit Mack the Knife around 1959 so I guessed it could have very been his car back then.
After a short conversation I realized this is his 15 minutes of fame and one he was extremely proud of. And again respectfully, a very nice gentleman, well spoken and a car nut although by today’s standard it takes nut to a new level.
I asked management when leaving about him, they said he is a regular and likes to be sociable with the patrons and especially talk about the car.
Rip Andrew

Go back to Diecast Forums – Forum 43 – Diecast Zone

Message thread:

(PIC) Do you think any mfg. could get this right in 1:43? by Lloyd Mecca #25270
Lloyd, Ask Autocult. They like to do proto types and exclusive models (EOM) by Jacques Roest #25270.1
I visited the Museum of Transportation in St. Louis County, Missouri by Bob Jackman #25270.2
This one took just a little research. Here it is: (pics) by David Holcombe #25270.3
Looks like a Bizarre to me - are they still being made? (EOM) by Karl Schnelle #25270.3.1
I met Andrew DiDia at the Bloomfield Hills Andiamos restaurant by Mark Millar #25270.3.2
WoW! What a chance encounter! (EOM) by Karl Schnelle #25270.3.2.1
Interesting design. Was it always one color or did it get a change? by Don Anderson #25270.4
[PICS] Yes, definitely quite intriguing. by Graeme Ogg #25270.4.1
if this is a custom-made car, I seriously doubt that Autocult will ever do this. by Joop Gisbers #25270.4.1.1
Well, Matrix did the "Vista Bird" ... by Graeme Ogg #25270.4.1.1.1
(PICS) The remaining photos...Color & B/W... by Lloyd Mecca #25270.5
Now that I see it closer I am more afraid of it. I think you could by Don Anderson #25270.5.1
p.s. (if anyone is interested) by Graeme Ogg #25270.5.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone