Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums – Forum 43 – Diecast Zone

Posted By: John Kuvakas
Posted On: Saturday February 2, 2019 at 4:29 PM

"It’s that time of the week once again, the moment you have all been waiting for…Brooklin Blog Day.
A lot of work has been done this week getting the BRK226 (1970 Buick GS 455) ready for assembly.

We hope you enjoy this week’s behind the scenes look at the factory.

PATTERN MAKING – SARAH
Sarah is making a window pattern for the BRK226 Buick.

PATTERN MAKING – SARAH
A perfect fit…now she just needs to spend 3 days sanding and polishing it.

PAINT ROOM – BOB
Here are the first 2 Buick GS bodies that have been primed.

PAINT ROOM – BOB
With the paint colour approved bob has made a start on painting all of the bodies.

PAINT ROOM – BOB
This model is going to look great.

PAINT ROOM – TIM
These wing mirrors are colour matched to the body.

PAINT ROOM – TIM
Painted parts like this need to be done at the same time as the bodies.
If we sprayed them a week apart, using a different tin of paint, the colours might not be an exact match.

FINAL ASSEMBLY – JULIE
Not Buicks to assembly for a few days but Julie is pressing on with more Aquarama boats.
Here she is gluing the windshields into the plated frame."

Go back to Diecast Forums – Forum 43 – Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Brooklin Diaries for Feb 1 by John Kuvakas #25293
Looking forward to this. Whitewalls or redlines please. (EOM) by Ed Glorius #25293.1
Redlines !!!!!!! (EOM) by Jack Dodds #25293.1.1
I'd like to see whitewalls on it too, but as for redlines, I just don't think by Rick Thompson #25293.1.2
Yes you're probably right. BRK will not likely do many more 70s cars. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #25293.1.2.1
I can't remember exactly when redlines became the latest and greatest thing. by Rick Thompson #25293.1.2.1.1
Yes the GTO was the first red line application I remember. I do recall by Jack Dodds #25293.1.2.1.1.1
Probably the last hurrah. Emission controls killed muscle cars around that time. I had a by Randall Olson #25293.1.2.1.1.1.1
Rick, I may try some red food dye on one of my old whitewalls. It may become a redline! (EOM) by Randall Olson #25293.1.2.1.1.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone