Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums – Forum 43 – Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Knight
Posted On: Wednesday February 6, 2019 at 4:42 PM

Pics: Progress on Thunderbird Restoration - Almost finished.
Am waiting for delivery on Friday of Weldbond adhesive from Amazon, recommended some years ago by Amanda at Brooklin. I mean, what greater authority could there be about all things Brooklin? All that’s left is disassembly one final time to fit window glass and dash to the interior, final reassembly and fitting of lights, hood vent, and spare tire hub cap.

In the process of this restoration I have discovered a new favorite past time. It is that of sitting in a comfortable chair watching paint dry.

Note one difference from standard Brooklin ‘Birds: the rear metal panel behind the seat on standard models is painted the interior color (Goldenglow Yellow car) and should be the body color. In reality, this metal panel is part of the rear deck covered by the removable hard top. So on my restoration I have extended the Sunset Coral into the interior behind the seat.

Go back to Diecast Forums – Forum 43 – Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Pics: Progress on Thunderbird Restoration - Almost finished. by David Knight #25315
Lookin' good....... (EOM) by Tom Ciryak #25315.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone