Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Don Anderson
Posted On: Saturday February 9, 2019 at 9:25 PM

I think those Chevies only need a little paint around the windows.
Without the black rubber moldings or some chrome trim they may look smaller than normal. And the windshields need more to thicken them up. To my eye, the biggest flaw is the side molding chrome which has either no breaks for the door lines or is overlapping backwards. It is interesting what features draws each ones eyes. Cars as common everyday fixture as a Chevy should be a piece of cake. But consider where these craftsmen are they living, they may never have walked up to the real thing.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

PIC from Esval Chevrolet and Willys - Your review... by renato camesasca #25329
Re: 1956 Chevys, at least I'm guessing that's what they're supposed to be, thumbs down. (EOM) by Frank Racibozynski #25329.1
Agree with Frank. I'm going to have to soldier on with my FM Nomad. (EOM) by Harvey Goranson #25329.1.1
Me, too. Of all of them, the turquoise and white One-Fifty looks the best by Rick Thompson #25329.1.1.1
+1 With what I see...no way. Bring on Goldvarg hopefully. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #25329.1.1.1.1
The Willys (without the fender skirts) looks really good. I think it's the first '55 Willys in our by David Holcombe #25329.2
The Willys is a must have. The Chevy looks strange, back door too small? (EOM) by Jacques Roest #25329.3
Van and two doors are good for me,but four doors look strange (EOM) by renato camesasca #25329.3.1
Esval Models by Raymond Paszkiewicz #25329.3.1.1
Well done on the 55 Willys, Esval. Great choice to model. Perhaps some more by Bruce Gibbins #25329.3.1.1.1
Chevy too short and stubby. (EOM) by Joe Libricz #25329.3.1.1.2
I love both of the Willys Coupes, but the '56 Chevy-Nope, it looks off! (EOM) by John Merritt #25329.4
Something is going on with the windows. by Richard Nosker #25329.5
I think those Chevies only need a little paint around the windows. by Don Anderson #25329.5.1
Agree with Rick. The A and B pillars are to thick. Not sure about the windshield. Might be by Curtis Parisi #25329.6

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone