Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Don Anderson
Posted On: Sunday February 10, 2019 at 2:50 PM

I'm a little surprised this discussion or question has not come up
here earlier. And I concur with some of you. The bigger mfrs who want big sales numbers do a lot of research before they commit to a subject. The little cottage casters cannot do so much so they rely on their own taste. And in addition to their modelling quality that is what leads to success for them. And of course personal family health and welfare of course. So it is now a rare benefit that a fellow like Goldvarg can be so successful. And I think his success benefits the entire hobby. I can only hope the license fees aren't unreasonable. But I think ALL license fees are. And if you give me a soap box, I'll tell you.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

A question that I've wanted to ask for ages. by Bruce Gibbins #25331
Market research determines potential best sellers.... by Christopher Moroni #25331.1
And then there were the small cottage industry white metal and resin makers of the past. by Harvey Goranson #25331.1.1
The availability of the 1:1 is very important. Look at the winners of top prizes by David Holcombe #25331.2
Can choosing to avoid trademark issues be at play?. by Mark Lampariello #25331.3
So with mass-produced diecast models there is at least some analyisis by Bruce Gibbins #25331.3.1
I'm a little surprised this discussion or question has not come up by Don Anderson #25331.3.1.1
Lets look at what Sergio Goldvarg is currently doing. He is a big time by Jack Dodds #25331.3.1.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone