Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Harvey Goranson
Posted On: Sunday February 10, 2019 at 7:08 PM

My latest Packard just arrived. In 1919 it was the fastest car in the world.
Bizarre B1060 is the Packard 905 driven by past Indy winner Ralph de Palma to a one-way average of 149.875 mph at Daytona Beach in 1919. Even though this blew away the 1914 Hornsted Benz record by more than 25 MPH, it was not recognized internationally because a second run in the opposite direction was not made. The Packard twin-six chassis was modified to take the 14.9-liter V-12 engine (forerunner of the Liberty aircraft unit). Besides the flying mile, de Palma took other records from 2 to 20 miles in distance.

Other pics in the Scale 143 and 1:43 Scale Hand-Built Autos Facebook groups.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

My latest Packard just arrived. In 1919 it was the fastest car in the world. by Harvey Goranson #25335
Good one, Harvey. Congratulations! (EOM) by David Holcombe #25335.1
Beautiful model and an amazing feat of speed. (EOM) by Bob Jackman #25335.2
Nice model, Harv. I don't know anything about the rivets/screws around the driver opening. (EOM) by Randall Olson #25335.3

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone