Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Jean Philippe Sergent
Posted On: Tuesday March 5, 2019 at 8:42 AM

I don't know Tom. I haven't read all the press or infos about
this conversion.

Maybe the car was dying in a bone yard. Her fate was maybe sealed.
But the new owner could have restore it perfectly, as a show room condition.

Fact is that I don't hate this conversion. I am not that purist. I like this wagon Nomad roof on her.

It's maybe just the overall proportions that I found awkward. The chops here and there that break her length that I don't like, the pushed back A pillars to create that long hood, the weird rear arch wheel opening that doesn't really match with the front arch...Plus, come one, I perfectly understand she's attractive for some, but this interior is absolutely hideous. Not the wood treatment, but the seats and console doesn't make any sens with the rest of the car. It looks so cheap.

Such a car deserved better, but it's just my opinion. ;)

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

For the Cadillac (and custom) lovers - by Ken Smith #25493
Just one picture for those too busy to hunt. (pic) by David Holcombe #25493.1
Multiple photos on the Lounge (EOM) by Lloyd Mecca #25493.2
...it's CADMAD BTW..... by Christopher Moroni #25493.3
MYBAD lol! By either name, it sure is a pretty car !! (EOM) by Ken Smith #25493.3.1
Killing an already rare Cadillac to do THAT ! by Jean Philippe Sergent #25493.4
Before all that custom work was done.... Do you maybe think the car was heading for the bone yard??? (EOM) by Tom Ciryak #25493.4.1
I don't know Tom. I haven't read all the press or infos about by Jean Philippe Sergent #25493.4.1.1
How about, "Let's win the Riddler Award this year?" (EOM) by John Kuvakas #25493.4.2
If you ever get the chance - plan to attend the Detroit Autorama. by Ken Smith #25493.4.2.1
As a past owner of a 1959 CDV, I can tell you practically no one cared about the... by Christopher Moroni #25493.4.3
Latest Old Cars Weekly Price Guide has a 59 EB four door priced by Bob Jackman #25493.4.3.1
Looks like something GLM or Matrix would perpetrate! (EOM) by Mark Lampariello #25493.5

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone