Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Frank Gioia
Posted On: Tuesday March 5, 2019 at 10:36 AM

(pic) A/E NEO email reply is not clear. Can someone help?
1:43 - 1966 Cadillac S&S Ambulance Red/White - 43898

QUESTION:

NEO,
Several years back I purchased this model (43898) and it had suicide doors (see below). Now I see that there are similar models with the same Model No. being sold on eBay that do NOT have suicide doors (see example auction below). My question to you is: Why are they different?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEO-MODELS-Cadillac-S-amp-S-Ambulance-1966-Red-White-1-43-43898/143154068931?hash=item2154a5bdc3

Frank
-----------------------------------------------
ANSWER:

Hello Frank

Honestly I cannot be sure, but I believe the original was made both ways. The models that we now carry have the standard doors.

Regards
Steve
American Excellence

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

(pic) A/E NEO email reply is not clear. Can someone help? by Frank Gioia #25497
My take is that when the model was first produced it was with suiside doors but by Bruce Gibbins #25497.1
The 1:1's were made both ways. It is known as three-way loading... by Lloyd Mecca #25497.2
Since less of them were made with suicide doors ... by Frank Gioia #25497.2.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone