Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Holcombe
Posted On: Wednesday March 6, 2019 at 4:23 PM

The Oldsmobile reminds me of a special order Super 88 of 1957 by
a pharmacist in the drugstore where I was working. He ordered a 2-tone with orchid pink over black. One day an Olds in just those colors pulled up out front, and we ran to get him. You see, the Olds had a doubled chrome strip in the rear side quadrant, and this one had a reflective red stripe in the center of that chrome. It glared against the pink! The pharmacist's eyes widened, and he headed for the telephone. A few weeks later, his Olds arrived. The stripe was there, but it was black, just like the lower color. The pink was an orchid pink, not the calm pink that seems to be that on the BRK Olds. Good memories!

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

PICS. And here they are in all their (pink) glory, Brooklins that is. by Mike Coupe #25499
A sharp group. I have ordered them for my collection. (EOM) by John Merritt #25499.1
I think the Pearl Pink on the Impala is the best shade (EOM) by John Scrivens #25499.2
whatever may empty your pockets and fill Brooklin's... (EOM) by Joop Gisbers #25499.3
I'm curious to know if any of these shades were stock colors from GM? by Jack Dodds #25499.4
The Oldsmobile reminds me of a special order Super 88 of 1957 by by David Holcombe #25499.4.1
David - See my post # 25496.1.2.1. by Harvey Goranson #25499.4.1.1
That's it! Wow! (EOM) by David Holcombe #25499.4.1.1.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone