Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: John Quilter
Posted On: Friday March 8, 2019 at 9:23 PM

1939 Rio pickup, Matchbox Models of Yesteryear
The Rio pickup was part of a series vintage pickups done by Matchbox. I acquired mine in late 1999 when they were likely current. The wheelbase is 2.81 and the length is 4.62, front overriders to tailgate folded up. Looks pretty close to 43rd to me. Cream body, maroon wheels, spare tire mounted on the right side of the bed forward of the rear fender. Nice chassis detail.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

I bumped into a picture of a pickup that I would really enjoy in 1:43. (PIC) by David Holcombe #25515
That would be so cool! (EOM) by Ken Smith #25515.1
ALSO the name of a rock-n-roll group from a number of years ago (EOM) by Tom Ciryak #25515.2
VID: REO Speedwagon by John Kuvakas #25515.2.1
Lead singer also played the piano during the recording. Think they were based out of Chicago (EOM) by Tom Ciryak #25515.2.1.1
1939 Rio pickup, Matchbox Models of Yesteryear by John Quilter #25515.3
Corgi did a 1:50 REO Speedwagon fire truck (pic) by Harvey Goranson #25515.4

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone