Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Holcombe
Posted On: Thursday March 14, 2019 at 8:22 AM

Sometimes called Aero, Blimp, or Streamliner, this is a metal toy car by Manoil,
circa 1940. It was a dimestore toy. The Manoil Company of Waverly, New York, started in the mid-1930's with a growing assortment of metal toys for the dime stores of the USA and even further. About 1937 Manoil started producing toy soldiers and until the metal shortages of World War II stopped their production, Manoil soldiers were leaders in the field. After World War II, Manoil resumed production, but their new lines and new toys did not recapture their old markets, and so Manoil died.

Manoil toys are a part of my old toys collection. This Aero sedan was just a paintless hulk and I've been having fun with it. I do not think it is modeled after a real car, but it has similarities with some of the streamlined dream cars of the late 1930's, as well as to some of the streamlined train engines of that era.

I will post a picture or two after it's finished.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Lately there has been a little discussion about repairing these by Don Anderson #25544
Beautiful work, Don. Right now I'm in my third week and by David Holcombe #25544.1
David Holcomb: We need to see some pictures of by Ken Smith #25544.1.1
Thanks, Ken. You're good for my ego. Here's a quick shot (PIC) of my desk by David Holcombe #25544.1.1.1
Looks a heck of a lot tidier than mine! What's that aerodynamic creation David? (EOM) by John Roberts #25544.1.1.1.1
Sometimes called Aero, Blimp, or Streamliner, this is a metal toy car by Manoil, by David Holcombe #25544.1.1.1.1.1
Thanks David, very interesting (EOM) by John Roberts #25544.1.1.1.1.1.1
David - Really like the paint on the Aero Streamliner - good color choice. Also by Ken Smith #25544.1.2
Just trying to get decent results. Of course, I'm blaming the cold weather by David Holcombe #25544.1.2.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone