Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Harvey Goranson
Posted On: Monday April 1, 2019 at 6:39 PM

Check. the. date.

I made it all up.

These cars are some we saw in Cuba when our cruise stopped there a few weeks ago. Kay, the kids, and me got a driving tour of Havana in two cars, no need for me to identify these to the well-learned group here:

BTW, if Cuba is ever "opened up" financially, don't get your hopes up about finding a bargain classic down there. Two reasons:

1. Most of these have been heavily modified just to keep them on the road. Our two Oldsmobiles, for example, had Ford V8 diesel engines, a cracked window here and there, and aftermarket a/c.

2. The cars of the 1950's have become an icon there. As such, prices have escalated, and I think even if barriers were lifted, the Cuban people will hang on to them, they are part of their culture now. The 1960 Olds, we were told, is one of two in Havana and is worth, there, about $70K. I doubt a 4-door '60 Olds 4-door 88 is worth that much here. I might expect instead a big rush of auto parts and parts cars flowing from here to Cuba.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Brooklin to expand the Pink Collection by Harvey Goranson #25634
Those two-tones are a perfect idea - thanks for your input, Harvey! (EOM) by Ralf Buyer #25634.1
Pink Collection models scheduled for the rest of 2019 are as follows: by John Roberts #25634.2
John, let me correct your mistake: in 1955, Buick used no by Alex Taylor #25634.2.1
May I suggest you actually read the posts first Alex... by John Roberts #25634.2.1.1
(pics) To further encourage BRK, I submit "pinks" from the early spring of the by David Holcombe #25634.3
Harvey, I submit that this young lady is awaiting a pink version of her by Curtis Parisi #25634.4
I had a feeling it would have a California plate...... :-) (EOM) by Jack Dodds #25634.4.1
Yes, we get them all out here. I feel so lucky... (EOM) by Curtis Parisi #25634.4.1.1
Ha! like it. (EOM) by John Roberts #25634.4.1.1.1
I know that car! It was frequently at local car shows by John Quilter #25634.4.2
Color spoils this rare car BUT I do like her style and enthusiasm! (EOM) by Jack Dodds #25634.4.2.1
OK, did anyone catch on here? by Harvey Goranson #25634.5
Enjoy the day! I have. (EOM) by David Holcombe #25634.5.1
Nice one Harvey! You got me for sure!! (EOM) by John Roberts #25634.5.2
+1 Me too......hahaha! (EOM) by Jack Dodds #25634.5.2.1
Don't know what's under the hoods but you've found by John Quilter #25634.5.3

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone