Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Don Anderson
Posted On: Sunday April 7, 2019 at 8:58 AM

Honestly, no offense meant here guys, but is this the body style
that gave us the term "barge" for American built Detroit iron? I think I was in my English sports car phase when these lumbered out of showrooms. And I'm not saying they got any better by the designers curving the sheet metal. Good thing Pontiac came out with "wide-track" design to keep them from listing at their piers. I think these were the years VW made big sales gains. Where I lived most of them rusted away mainly because they were too long to fit in the garage. So they stayed in the driveway. And rusted. Did Brooklin make any rusty ones?

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

PICs - From My Collection - '63 Oldsmobile by John Merritt #25652
And a few other versions I came up with by John Quilter #25652.1
Honestly, no offense meant here guys, but is this the body style by Don Anderson #25652.1.1
Umm, actually, sales of big, comfortable Oldsmobiles were by Mike DeTorrice #25652.1.1.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone