Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Mike DeTorrice
Posted On: Thursday April 11, 2019 at 3:53 PM

There are so many variables that it is not really possible to
designate any particular result as "correct" and everything else "incorrect". This applies to the model, the scale, the standard used, the definition of "correct" color, the light illuminating the car/model, the color temperature of the photography, the limitations and calibration of the monitor or magazine used to reproduce the images, the so-called "scale effect", the age and accuracy of the colors and color standard used, the sensitivities of each human eye, etc, etc, etc.

One answer ? Buy what you like, be happy and don't assume everything else must be incorrect. Since this is (or is supposed to be) a enjoyable and relaxing hobby, just have fun !

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

1:43-scale color translations... by Joop Gisbers #25679
I 'd just be happy if fewer models were launched in black by John Quilter #25679.1
I think we have a wide variety of motivations in collecting. by John Kuvakas #25679.2
I think it is amazing that we have to become adult before we learn by Don Anderson #25679.2.1
Accurate colors on model cars. by Raymond Paszkiewicz #25679.3
Changing colors over time? (pic) Here are two toy cars from by David Holcombe #25679.3.1
I'm a yes and I'm a no. by Jani Bodmann #25679.3.2
I'm for color accuracy as much as possible, the chips are not always accurate but the best by Curtis Parisi #25679.4
Ah yes, the well-known "scale effect" by Graeme Ogg #25679.4.1
At least they're using the right colors! (EOM) by John Kuvakas #25679.4.1.1
Ah, you noticed. What a wide-awake chap you are. by Graeme Ogg #25679.4.1.1.1
Someone...somewhere...understands! (EOM) by John Kuvakas #25679.4.1.1.1.1
If you have the actual chips in hand that is one thing but if you by John Quilter #25679.4.2
Not all monitors are calibrated the same. This has a significant effect on how they portray colors. (EOM) by John Kuvakas #25679.4.2.1
And then there is the effect of indoor vs outdoor lighting. by Mark Lampariello #25679.5
I think that's a very wise decision. (EOM) by John Kuvakas #25679.5.1
Yes! Pink and green, that's the answer! (EOM) by Curtis Parisi #25679.5.2
Agree Mark and photograph a real car in full sun and then in shade ... by Chris Sweetman #25679.5.3
There are so many variables that it is not really possible to by Mike DeTorrice #25679.6
Well said, Mike. (EOM) by John Kuvakas #25679.6.1
I need you to make that speech to the rivet counters at the local NMRA club. (EOM) by Robert Bolin #25679.6.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone