Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Holcombe
Posted On: Tuesday May 7, 2019 at 6:03 PM

A quiet model on a quiet day, being my most recent completion. (PICs)

Many of us might not recognize this British Riley at first glance, as few were exported to the U.S.

This 1:1 was produced about 1962, and the Mikansue kit is probably from the early to mid 1990's. It's white metal and 1:43 in scale.

The gang seems to like it, but I hope the cops don't ticket it for lack of license tags.

Base plate info for those interested, and, yes, I exchanged those soft Mikansue tires for more modern version of the same size. And I resisted shifting to white walls, too.

I have enjoyed my renewed interest in building these 1:43 models over the last couple of years, and I have several others in the planning/ considering stages. I'm no professional and sometimes get the quivers, but it's fun and reminds me of those Revell Highway Pioneers that I built as a kid. Enjoy!

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

A quiet model on a quiet day, being my most recent completion. (PICs) by David Holcombe #25809
Watch that dog. (EOM) by David Crowe #25809.1
Very nicely done, David. I like the red metallic paint job. by David Knight #25809.2
Well done David. A good job made of a difficult kit (EOM) by John Roberts #25809.2.1
Curiousity got the better of me David. 1990's seemed too recent. by Harvey Goranson #25809.3
Thanks, Harvey. Your good dating now makes some of the crude by David Holcombe #25809.3.1
David, although Mikansue made rough kits it were lovely models. by Jacques Roest #25809.4
Hi Jacques, I have the Bantam and the Kaiser. One (pic) that I am by David Holcombe #25809.4.1
David, that Willys is on my wish list. For years I hope Brooklin will produce it. (EOM) by Jacques Roest #25809.4.1.1
I sold mine when the Lansdowne Riley and Wolseley by John Quilter #25809.5

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone