Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Holcombe
Posted On: Friday May 10, 2019 at 5:32 PM

The early Henry J had no trunk lid at all; the entire back of the car was a single
stamping. To store anything in the trunk area, one had to reach behind the rear seat and lower the seat back onto the seat. Then you could lift over the seat and into the trunk area. Within months a traditional trunk lid was added; first, as optional, and later as standard. However, the rear window was a fixed, separate glass that was affixed to the roof stamping, separate from the trunk opening. The earlier K-F Traveler bodies had rear windows that raised on a roof hinge and lower trunk lids that were hinged close to the bumper; that was more like a station wagon situation. K-F had body panels for 2-door sedans and 4-door sedans; all their body styles were variations on these. The Henry J was a 2-door sedan only.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Pics: Kaiser’s attempt at a small car, the Henry J and badge engineered Allstate by David Knight #25827
I have these; very odd little cars but look good on display. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #25827.1
Very odd indeed. First year sales of Henry J were respectable . by David Knight #25827.1.1
Here are three more. (pics) I like the Henry J! by David Holcombe #25827.2
Nice! I like the dog too! (EOM) by David Knight #25827.2.1
Kit by Fred Lewis #25827.2.2
These may have the first 'hatchbacks': there was no bulkhead behind the backseat, by Mark Lampariello #25827.3
The early Henry J had no trunk lid at all; the entire back of the car was a single by David Holcombe #25827.3.1
Pics: The Neo Henry J and the Brooklin Rod Henry J (NO TRUNK LID) by Jacques Roest #25827.3.1.1
There was no trunk lid on early Nash Metropolitians only the by John Quilter #25827.3.1.1.1
Like the Austin Healey Sprite. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #25827.3.1.1.1.1
No trunk on the Henry J....what an odd priority to save money on. by Jack Dodds #25827.3.1.2
Citroen made open rear hatches in 1938 - the Commerciale as it was known (EOM) by John Roberts #25827.3.2
Great models. I love seeing the Henry J at car shows. I have the green by John Merritt #25827.4

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone