Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums – Forum 43 – Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Knight
Posted On: Thursday August 1, 2019 at 12:15 PM

Seeing prototype pictures of Sergio Goldvarg’s upcoming ‘58 Ford Country Squire brings to mind another FoMoCo Wagon from 1958, the Edsel Bermuda wagon that used the body shell from the Ford wagons. It had rather confusing rear tail lights using the ‘57 Ford Wagon housings but when you signaled a right turn it looked like you were about to turn left because of the arrow in the lens. Same for left turns that made people think you about to turn right! Odd to be sure. The front end was controversial as well. I’m one who as a child of 12 thought it was cool. Customers stayed away in droves, more so than from other makes in what was a recession year.

Minichamps produced this Bermuda Wagon in four different color schemes, three of which I have as shown here. Oddly, this Minichamps Edsel, listed as 1:43, is slightly under scaled, but still rather nice.

Go back to Diecast Forums – Forum 43 – Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Pics: 1958 Edsel Bermuda by Minichamps by David Knight #26190
David, nice model. You obviously like it as you have all the colours offered, l think by Randall Olson #26190.1
Pics: Randall, here is one color scheme they offered that I don’t have. by David Knight #26190.1.1
David, now that is a very appropriate Fifties colour. I like it. (EOM) by Randall Olson #26190.1.1.1
[PICS] The Spark alternative by Graeme Ogg #26190.2
I noticed that same issue with the Spark too, by Jani Bodmann #26190.2.1
Another candidate for Sergio or Brooklin? (EOM) by David Knight #26190.2.2
Graeme, nice comparison. I couldn't manage to get over the height issue by Randall Olson #26190.2.3
I guess it's a bit like the Kess New Yorker (#26184). by Graeme Ogg #26190.2.3.1
That reminds me of a little story. A famous movie actor was kicked by a horse when he was young... by Randall Olson #26190.2.3.1.1
Also like the Esval 56 Chevy wagon roof height issue. Btw, I initially by Jack Dodds #26190.2.3.1.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone