Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Mark Lampariello
Posted On: Sunday August 4, 2019 at 12:03 AM

One of the infamous GM "X-bodies". Ab-so-lutely the worst car I ever owned.
At 700 miles [that's only two zeros] the subframe holding the engine and trans fell partially out onto my driveway. Suffered from sudden and intermittent power brake failure.
But the most adrenaline got pumping when one evening in the left lane of the Garden State Parkway at rush hour: sudden and complete loss of power steering and brakes, all electrical, plus a stall. Dumped it for a big loss.

But a pretty sharp model!

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

A unique item. by Albert Kopans #26204
Esdo also made the 1980 Skylark. by David Crowe #26204.1
The kit is impossible to find though. Somehow 2-door are more rare. (EOM) by Albert Kopans #26204.1.1
Esdo 1980 Skylark four door by Esdo by John Quilter #26204.1.2
Lambert - there's a name from the past. I bought a number of kits from them back in the day. (EOM) by Harvey Goranson #26204.1.2.1
One of the infamous GM "X-bodies". Ab-so-lutely the worst car I ever owned. by Mark Lampariello #26204.2
I also recall how terribly the convertible top lost its shape and very early too. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #26204.2.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone