Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Alan Dinsmore
Posted On: Wednesday August 7, 2019 at 7:46 AM

Thanks again for giving me the benefit of your thinking. I can't imagine that my heir and assigns will want this collection. I am a small timer compared to a lot of you, my collection numbers about 350. Your comments made me think of another issue,the burden on my executor. I will leave an estate in good, organized condition. However, each state regulates how much an executor can be paid for services. When my friend takes a look, how much time do I think he will spend on marketing models? Best I can do is monitor the high value ones and flag them. The rest go to car model heaven. Whatever that is.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Box Advice by Alan Dinsmore #26216
I'd fear they wouldn't sell. I know I've scrolled past cars without boxes. by Ed Glorius #26216.1
+1 Agree. I don't buy unboxed for fear for shipping damage. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #26216.1.1
I've been questioning this box saving game for quite a while. I had by Don Anderson #26216.1.1.1
By all means keep them. As Ed says, I don't even look at an unboxed handbuilt. by Harvey Goranson #26216.2
A common car won't sell (or will sell cheap) but some rarer ones will still sell but cheaper. by Robert Bolin #26216.3
boxes by Paul Patterson #26216.4
Do you ever envision selling them? by Robert Jacobs #26216.5
I also keep the boxes because the thought of them being "disposed of" by Jack Dodds #26216.5.1
1-2 years ago, a collector left his collection of thousands of models to a charity. Unfortunately, by Frank Racibozynski #26216.6
If a model was one that I really wanted & hard to get, no box was OK by me around a half dozen times (EOM) by Frank Racibozynski #26216.6.1
box advice by Alan Dinsmore #26216.6.1.1
I've done both with all the scales I've collected. Inexpensive models that pleased my eye..... by Tom Ciryak #26216.7
Agree Tom that the inexpensive models' boxes aren't worth saving. Train table cars. (EOM) by Frank Racibozynski #26216.7.1
Box Advice Part 2 by Alan Dinsmore #26216.7.1.1
And sadly Alan, what we call models, others may think of as toys. by Don Anderson #26216.7.1.1.1
I was at a toy show with Don Anderson a few weeks ago in the small town of Limestone, TN. by Harvey Goranson #26216.7.1.1.1.1
And furthermore, related to that show.... by Harvey Goranson #26216.7.1.1.1.1.1
A short while back I bought some Madison models on EBay by John Quilter #26216.7.1.1.1.1.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone