Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Skip Johnson
Posted On: Saturday August 31, 2019 at 2:45 PM

Truly saddened to hear this news. I first met Dick, as did Al Stack, at the CTCS shows in Toronto in the late 80s or early 90s, in conjunction with the San Francisco Bay Brooklin Club meetings. For many years after that, we would meet at Macungie in August and then Toronto in October. Later, of course, we would meet at Chicago every March. A business trip about 10 years ago allowed me to visit Dick and his lovely wife JoAnn outside of Atlanta, and I was able to see his outstanding collection of Brooklin models, Mercedes models, and others.

His knowledge of automotive history, combined with great researching skills, allowed him to write so many great articles for "Limited Editions", the SFBBC newsletter. His knowledge of Brooklins, especially the early ones, is unsurpassed. That knowledge, and his unbridled enthusiasm for this hobby, will be missed. Sincere condolences to JoAnn and the rest of his family.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Respects to Dick Browne and his family by Al Stack #26326
We will miss Dick. Our condeleances to Jo-Ann and family by Jacques Roest #26326.1
Very sad read that Mr Browne passed away...My Condolence to her family (EOM) by renato camesasca #26326.2
Prayers for Dick's family by Alan Dinsmore #26326.3
Apologies to all by Alan Dinsmore #26326.3.1
Thank you Dick for the comraderie you hosted. Godspeed. (EOM) by Mark Lampariello #26326.4
Sad News by John Scrivens #26326.4.1
A Great Loss by Skip Johnson #26326.5
Very sad news, we meet for the first time in the 1980's by Sergio Goldvarg #26326.6
Sergio, Dick often talked about you. I believe he visited yo more than once in Argentina. (EOM) by Jacques Roest #26326.6.1
Dear Jacques Roest, that's right, he visited me in Argentina and many times in Florida. by Sergio Goldvarg #26326.6.1.1
Yes, Sergio, Dick spoke of you fondly. He admired dedication to the Hobby. (EOM) by Randall Olson #26326.6.1.1.1
dear Randall, those words are very emotional for me, as we spent hours and hours speaking by Sergio Goldvarg #26326.6.1.1.1.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone