Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Graeme Ogg
Posted On: Tuesday September 3, 2019 at 12:11 PM

[PICS] Yes, the Minichamps is probably the best model if you can find one.
This is the one described by Rick (it was also done in single colour versions - pale blue, red or black and they also did the cabriolet in 2 or 3 colours

I also have closed and open versions by Century Models

They were quite classy white metal models in their day, but lack some of the detail of the Minichamps so are probably not worth paying a premium price for unless you are a white metal enthusiast

Unless you are collecting models for their historical value you wouldn't really want the old French Dinky version

or the somewhat under-scale Marklin with no glazing or interior

Maybe someone else will come up with other alternatives.

I just had a quick look and found the Minichamps on eBay in the UK in various colours for around the 30 - 40 mark, although it might be cheaper in the US, and well worth having.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

VW Karmann Ghia, what 1:43 scale models are there to buy and which one are the best? (EOM) by Peter Hart #26337
Peter, I don't know how many there are, but I have one that I think is by Rick Thompson #26337.1
Minichamps made some years ago that were quite nice. by Harvey Goranson #26337.2
[PICS] Yes, the Minichamps is probably the best model if you can find one. by Graeme Ogg #26337.2.1
There was also a Liverpool version of the Dinky Karmann Ghia Graeme. by Harvey Goranson #26337.2.1.1
Yessir....I've got them too. Nicely done for their time. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #26337.2.1.1.1
There's also one by Whitebox that looks pretty nice - and is cheap. (EOM) by Jani Bodmann #26337.3

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone