Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Ralf Buyer
Posted On: Thursday September 5, 2019 at 4:21 PM

Roger, I agree with you on every point...
over the years, I've bought quite a lot of older Minimarque models and the like.
I always prefer the detail parts still in their small bags.
When they are attached by the former owner(s), I always hope that they used a tiny amount of white glue.
In this case there is a chance that the part falls off as a whole.
Otherwise the tiny mirror or aerial or whatever breaks in pieces and you need the patience and skills of a surgeon to fix it - if it's even possible.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Buying older white metal models. by Roger Kimber #26342
I also like older white metal unbuilt kits, but it's missing parts by David Holcombe #26342.1
always see the models, before you buy them... (EOM) by Joop Gisbers #26342.2
...says the European guy with model shops in every town. (EOM) by Harvey Goranson #26342.2.1
No model shops in my town Harv. Closest is 1.5 hours drive away and …. by Chris Sweetman #26342.2.1.1
No model shops in all of Tennessee that I am aware of, though by Harvey Goranson #26342.2.1.1.1
Just yesterday I visited the major (really the only) hobby shop in by David Holcombe #26342.2.1.1.1.1
David, looking forward to hearing more of this recent purchase. (EOM) by Chris Sweetman #26342.2.1.1.1.1.1
Greater Cinci has several hobby shops... by Robert Bolin #26342.2.1.1.2
Roger, I agree with you on every point... by Ralf Buyer #26342.3

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone