Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: John Kuvakas Zone Diplomat
Posted On: Monday September 9, 2019 at 11:05 AM

Brooklin's were considered by some to be a blank canvas.
You could leave it as it was, the purists really enjoyed this. Or you could enhance it with perhaps some foil, maybe another color to two-tone it, or even a full repaint and detail. There were different designations to show which was which. Code two was a factory sanctioned enhancement. Code 3 was enhancement by an independent builder or painter.

Knowing this, you can see that, even early on, Brooklin had several truly excellent castings developed by some of the best craftsmen in the business. They just needed some loving attention by someone like our own JR to bring our their beauty.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Brooklin Hudson with opening hood?? Can anyone confirm by Ken Spear #26356
Yes it is a club special done by Brooklin. I think it was the Wessex Club??? (EOM) by Jack Dodds #26356.1
John Roberts made those. There is some engine detail beneath the hood. (EOM) by John Kuvakas #26356.1.1Zone Diplomat
And there was the Franklin Mint coupe with opening features by John Quilter #26356.2
From my Brooklin Collectors Guide (pic). by Gianluigi Cappi #26356.3
Why is it all the older Brooklyn's seem to need a Bare Metal Foil treatment? (EOM) by Robert Bolin #26356.4
Because that's how they were made I guess. Brooklin Models were all like this 30 years ago. (EOM) by John Roberts #26356.4.1
Brooklin's were considered by some to be a blank canvas. by John Kuvakas #26356.4.2Zone Diplomat
Yes, we had this one made for the Wessex Club... by John Roberts #26356.5
I bought one of these on a BRK trip to the UK, but sadly it was stolen. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #26356.5.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone