Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by Gene Parrill
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Holcombe
Posted On: Saturday October 5, 2019 at 11:06 PM

Viewing an older 1:43 model, a Mercedes of 1905 (pics)
First, the 1:1 -

And my subject of the moment:

In the 1960's, the emerging West Germany firm of Mini-Auto, for a variety of reasons, labeled their various models as made by R.W., Wittek, and later Ziss. Mini-Auto may have used other names as well. Often the underside of their models have the company name blurred.

I like the detailing in this popularly priced model. The lights on the sides of the firewall/ windshield are really nice IMO.

Mini-Auto, like several other manufacturers of those years, often fudged on exactly replicating in scale, but this one looks right.

This Mercedes model has been around here for a while, and I recently re-discovered it in a box dated August 1909 that I had stored away. Thought some might like a look back.

A last look, just to see how construction has changed over the years.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Viewing an older 1:43 model, a Mercedes of 1905 (pics) by David Holcombe #26488
I remember the old Ziss models. Only one I had was a 1918 Chevrolet. (EOM) by Harvey Goranson #26488.1
Very nice. I have a couple Ziss packed away somewhere. -link by Karl Schnelle #26488.2
You do find some unique items, David. (EOM) by John Quilter #26488.3

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone