Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Raymond Paszkiewicz
Posted On: Saturday October 26, 2019 at 3:18 PM

Thank you for printing the article to explain the situation between the two companies. I think some of the explanation may be fast and loose with the interpretation by GIM. The name to start with, shows me, perhaps some revenge toward losing work. A poor business decision ,causing confusion with GLM versus GIM. If they were paid in full for the work done, there is no reason to duplicate another businesses product. There might be some bad blood, if money was owed for work done, but still spiteful,and again bad business decisions. Emotion enters the picture.
Why couldn't GIM manufactured a different body style, rather than the Series 63, 1941 Cadillac? They hardly changed the color. They can't help but sell fewer numbers, by duplicating product. They are hurting themselves.
They still have gathered engineering information that could be used for different product, to cover their expenses. The whole thing reeks of poor decisions, emotional, rather than business choices, plus confusion in the retail marketplace.
The explanation in the article does not make me feel good about doing business with GIM, although I have no beef with Matrix. I will say that GLM would seem to be partially to blame for some of this.
All this is just my opinion and the way I feel toward these companies. I have already purchased 21 GLM models, with more on the way, 18 Matrix, with more on the way and no GIM. That's where I am at this point.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

GIM by Marius Woolley #26590
Fascinating article, Marius. Thanks. by John Kuvakas #26590.1Zone Diplomat
Makes sense for Matrix. A big "oops" for GLM. (EOM) by Joe Libricz #26590.2
Brings to mind the Neo/BoS Matrix rip-off saga? Bad idea. (EOM) by Graeme Ogg #26590.2.1
Indeed Graeme. And I think Neo is still doing some of that but not as much as a few years ago. (EOM) by Harvey Goranson #26590.2.1.1
Thanks for sharing that information. You have done well, Inspector. (EOM) by David Crowe #26590.3
Thx Karl, Hans-Georg and I do our best to Inform (EOM) by Marius Woolley #26590.3.1
And that is appreciated especially for one who is constantly by John Quilter #26590.3.1.1
GLM-GIM Thoughts. by Raymond Paszkiewicz #26590.4
Further to your comments, it seems to me that different makers by John Quilter #26590.4.1
Sounds like GLM should consider paying you to be a consultant, Ray. (EOM) by Joe Libricz #26590.4.2
They'd be a better company if they did! (EOM) by John Kuvakas #26590.4.2.1Zone Diplomat
Thanks for the article, very interesting by Keko Romero #26590.5
Thank you for the post, Marius. I appreciate the information. (EOM) by David Holcombe #26590.6

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone