Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Raymond Paszkiewicz
Posted On: Saturday November 2, 2019 at 3:24 PM

Back in the day, when SMTS was making masters for Brooklin and US Model Mint. Same company. US ModelMint was a line of models made for Paul Bender, the US Distributor for Brooklin models. I was a dealer for Brooklin, and still am, and I purchased my inventory from Paul. I thought so little of the Jeepster, that I refused to order it. The whole personna of the car was not right, and the tires were way off, being to wide and too deep. The whole thing was just poorly done. Same thing happened with the US Model Mint 1956 Chevrolets. I wouldn't sell them.
NEO introduced their Jeepster a couple of years ago, I think. and they nailed it. I kept two, one Red and one Yellow for own collection. The car was right on the money, scale wise, and the tire size was perfect. Make the comparison yourself. You may agree or disagree with me, but the two, side by side is quite a stunning revelation.
Since then, Brooklin has improved greatly, and companies like Goldvarg, GLM, Matrix, Esval & Autocult are doing wonders in resin. The very small boutique companies, like B&G, Vladimir S., and others, are over the top. I think resin is the future, because of the accuracy and detail accomplished.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Willys Jeepster by Brooklin and Neo by Raymond Paszkiewicz #26630
Here are my Jeepsters, one red and one yellow. They are favorites. (PICs) by David Holcombe #26630.1
Here is the Neo, for comparison. by Harvey Goranson #26630.1.1
Here's how Willys wanted us to see it in 1948. (ad) by David Holcombe #26630.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone