Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Mike Coupe
Posted On: Monday November 4, 2019 at 10:44 AM

I find that there is a resistance to resin models here in the UK.
It is however, diminishing. I suppose the issue could be whether resin is as long lasting as white metal, particularly with regards to all the applied fine detail; body trim, etched detail etc., which can become detached as the glue dries. Not so easy to repair as white metal. Would this affect collectability? Time will tell.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

To the gentlemen who chimed in to my post below #26629 to say that they don't collect models by BenD Lampson #26642
I wonder if it's the weight that some of us find of value. A couple of by David Holcombe #26642.1
I find that there is a resistance to resin models here in the UK. by Mike Coupe #26642.2
I don't think people thought that Ben. My take was that the value thing... by John Roberts #26642.3
Some do think they can make money with these little models until by Don Anderson #26642.3.1
I worry about the long term durability. by Jay Golan #26642.4

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone