Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Raymond Paszkiewicz
Posted On: Tuesday November 5, 2019 at 11:18 PM

Randy, you hit a good spot with me. I have always loved Citroens, since I rode in one in 1957, at Tiffenbach & Yetter, on South Broad St., in my hometown, of Trenton, NJ. Somehow, they managed to obtain a dealership, when the new DS came out, and I was just a kid cruising with my friends on a warm night. We spotted this odd looking car, in fact, he may have had 2 or 3 on the lot. I never felt anything like that. You sunk into the seat and the carpet, too. It was unreal. The pneumatic suspension raised and lowered the car. It was way beyond anything we had ever seen. The second one I drove was a new one in around 2005 or so. My friend, Joe Gaskill (may he rest in peace), pulled up in my driveway with a loaded sedan, and we rode around for an hour, before he had better return it to the dealer on Rt 35, in Little Silver, NJ. Well, the salesman told him to take it out for a ride. He dropped me off first, so I'm not sure how that went over at the dealership. I have around 100 Citroen models, from pre Traction Avant to mid 1970s including 37 2CVs and Commercial. too. I will try and take a few pictures in the near future, because one of my favorite models, is a French made Traction Avant Commerciale with a vintner loading barrels of wine in back, with a dog watching, all on a cobblestone base. Unreal!

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

PIC - Who likes Citroens? by Randall Olson #26648
Citroens by Raymond Paszkiewicz #26648.1
Randy, Nice shot and diorama. I like Citroén too. I have a lot in my collection till 1960. Too much by Jacques Roest #26648.2
Nice one Randy! Add me to the Citroen group... by John Roberts #26648.3
I'm a fan. Love the pic. A quirky and cool car. I have a couple of taxi models. (EOM) by Mark Sweeney #26648.4
An amazing diorama. The building is perfect. I like Citroens, just by John Merritt #26648.5
I do! At last count I had 37 of them, mostly Traction Avant, DS, and 2CV. by Harvey Goranson #26648.6
The 1961 Ami 6 is one of my all time favorite. ;) (EOM) by Jean Philippe Sergent #26648.7
And here is a comparison of the Minichamps and Solido versions. by Harvey Goranson #26648.7.1
I had that Solido in pale blue and white. Wonderful suspension! (EOM) by John Roberts #26648.7.1.1
Solido did a wagon too! by Harvey Goranson #26648.7.1.1.1
All of them are great ! (EOM) by Jean Philippe Sergent #26648.7.1.1.1.1
Mine too! I was offered one once free that had lain in a French garden for years... by John Roberts #26648.7.2
oh sad !. This car is so cool. My cousin had one and she was in love with it. (EOM) by Jean Philippe Sergent #26648.7.2.1
I love 'em too! I have a '56 DS, a Traction Avant and 72CV's. (EOM) by John Kuvakas #26648.8Zone Diplomat
(pic) Nice diorama. They are neat cars; I don't see enough of them. by David Larsen #26648.9
Reminds me of the old Corgi. by Harvey Goranson #26648.9.1
Pics: One of my favorite 2CV models is the Malle Bombee that had a trunk. by David Knight #26648.10
I too like Citroens. Have 23 in my collection. Love the dealership diorama. (EOM) by Bob Jackman #26648.10.1
Here's a 2CV (pic) that I built a few months ago. The Heller kit makes a good starting by David Holcombe #26648.11
Very nice one, David. (EOM) by David Knight #26648.11.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone