Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Holcombe
Posted On: Wednesday November 6, 2019 at 8:11 AM

1934 Squire 1 1/2 litre Sports by Mikansue (pics)
My assembly was just completed on this Mikansue #13. I think this was a fairly early Mikansue model, perhaps from about 30 years ago. It is white metal and entailed some detailing to finish, even to my poor standards.

Color choice was easy. Every source from Mikansue's directions to the best pictures on the web and Forum 43's resident Squire expert (Thanks!) suggested light blue. It's one of my favorite (and also forgiving!) colors. I still haven't figured why silver was used for the interior upholstery, but I went along.

Those skimpy plastic tires just weren't large enough. It helps to be something of a packrat.

Time for detailing. No tags were provided, and my printer does only black on white. The brake lights had an unknown source (packrat success!) but were better than spots of red paint.

The Squire has been popular with our scale's manufacturers over the years, including Top Marque. My old kit was found on the "used" market, cheap enough for me to have fun with its construction.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

1934 Squire 1 1/2 litre Sports by Mikansue (pics) by David Holcombe #26649
Probably 40 years old David. Matrix did a Squire too but I didn't get one. (EOM) by Harvey Goranson #26649.1
The Matrix Squire by John Kuliak #26649.1.1
Interesting little model. Not real familiar with this one. (EOM) by John Merritt #26649.2
It never ceases to amaze me just how many models Mikansue made. (EOM) by John Roberts #26649.3
It never ceases to amaze me just how many models David has assembled. Keep posting David! (EOM) by BenD Lampson #26649.3.1
Always thought the Squire was a beautiful design. Nice build David. (EOM) by Bob Jackman #26649.4

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone