Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums – Forum 43 – Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Knight
Posted On: Wednesday November 6, 2019 at 12:37 PM

Pics: Inspired by Randy Olson’s post about Citroens, here are some showing the 1981 Charleston 2cv
Randy, your post #26648 below stirred my life-long interest in the Citroen 2cv. On a summer day in 1958 I was visiting my grandmother in Salem, Massachusetts. On a trip to nearby Marblehead I spotted a strange looking car parked by a seaside house. It was a gray Citroen 2cv. It was love at first sight. Amazingly enough, in a toy store back in Salem a couple of days later, I saw a Dinky Toy model of the Citroen in a glass case. The price was $.85, ten cents more than my weekly allowance at the time. My father contributed the difference and the Dinky Toy 2cv was mine. Ever since, I have been fascinated by the 2cv. Here are some pictures of a 1981 Charleston showing it’s restoration and then with the car in 1:43 by Universal Hobbies and Minichamps.

The 1:43 scale models with the the actual car above are by Universal Hobbies. Shown below are two, the one on the left by Minichamps and the one on the right by Universal Hobbies.

And two more, on the left by Solido and on the right by Norev.

Go back to Diecast Forums – Forum 43 – Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Pics: Inspired by Randy Olson’s post about Citroens, here are some showing the 1981 Charleston 2cv by David Knight #26656
Here's another by French Dinky. by Harvey Goranson #26656.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone