Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Clifford Read
Posted On: Wednesday November 20, 2019 at 1:27 PM

(PICS) Although IXO (and its subsidiaries) produce many 1/43 American trucks................
The real 'high end' precision diecast truck manufacturers seem to have mostly stuck to 1/50 scale, I suppose because that scale is the defacto one for construction equipment diecasts as well. Up until 2013, the most prolific of the precision diecast American truck manufacturers was TWH/Sword who also made lots of incredible construction diecasts. Some of their American truck models seem to have been carried on by WSI, who usually make 'high end' European truck models.
Following are some examples from TWH/Sword's glory days. Their models typically had a plethora of opening and articulating details and yet their 'shut-lines were always super-tight. Their models were not inexpensive, but they were, at the time, quite reasonable considering the exceptional quality and somewhat limited production.

Sword's Mack Granite trucks with bitumin spreader, field equipment lubrication, and flatbed/dump bodies

Seagrave articulated ladder truck, two Pierce Quantum pumpers, and an Oshkosh Striker airport fire emergency truck

A couple of Oshkosh airport sweeper trucks

Oshkosh Airport snow-blower, Oshkosh ant-eater style cement mixer, and Oshkosh dump trucks

Vermeer 'tub-grinder with Peterbilt tractor

Oshkosh heavy equipment transport and Oshkosh HEMTT

Peterbilt field equipment service truck and Peterbilt National Crane truck

Kenworth and Western Star heavy prime movers with ballast boxes. These two diecasts were done by WSI, a current manufacturer who also seems to have carried on some of the TWH/SWORD models.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

(PICS) Although IXO (and its subsidiaries) produce many 1/43 American trucks................ by Clifford Read #26760
Remarkable collection of specialized trucks by Stanton Lyman #26760.1
An area of collecting I never got involved in. But I can see the allure, the detail is incredible. (EOM) by John Kuvakas #26760.2Zone Diplomat
that's what I would call "heavy metal" awesome.... (EOM) by Joop Gisbers #26760.3
A very impressive collection of highly detailed models. (EOM) by BenD Lampson #26760.4
Amazing nice models and good pictured. I like those trucks (EOM) by Jacques Roest #26760.5
Those are great Clifford. I have given up on most construction equipment, but... by Harvey Goranson #26760.7
One nice thing about Sword is their sales and warehouse is 5 minutes from me. Every once in a while by Tom Ciryak #26760.8
The technical detailing on those models is eye-watering. by Graeme Ogg #26760.9
Graeme - My fire trucks were LEs of 500 except the yellow Honolulu. by Harvey Goranson #26760.9.1
Truly a devoted group of skilled people who produced these wonders. (EOM) by Randall Olson #26760.9.2
Hard to believe these are 1/43. Lots of care went into producing these (EOM) by Mark Lampariello #26760.9.3
Spectacular collection and photos! Thanks for sharing these amazing replicas. (EOM) by Randall Olson #26760.10

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone