Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums – Forum 43 – Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Knight
Posted On: Wednesday November 20, 2019 at 1:42 PM

Pics: The Type 4, dubbed by some as VW’s “ugly duckling” was actually a beautiful car.
Pictured below from family photos with several 1:43rd scale VW 411 models is our first family car added to my ‘68 Bug. It was a Shantung Yellow 3 Door Sedan, one of the first 411’s to reach the U.S. shores. We purchased it in June of 1971 from Flynn Volkswagen in Pittsfield, Massachusetts from whom I had also purchased my Bug in’68. We were now a two car family. To this day I regard our 411 as one of my favorite of all our cars. I wish I still owned it in pristine condition. The Type 4 was not a huge sales success. One wag was heard to have said that it was called the 411 because VW only sold four hundred and eleven of them. Among restorers, there is little interest in these cars. Too bad. I think it was a beautiful car.

Go back to Diecast Forums – Forum 43 – Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Pics: The Type 4, dubbed by some as VW’s “ugly duckling” was actually a beautiful car. by David Knight #26761
Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder... (EOM) by Robert Jacobs #26761.1
I like them too so you're not alone ! (EOM) by Steve Jakubczak #26761.1.1
They're air-cooled VWs so as an owner I like them all!! (EOM) by John Roberts #26761.1.1.1
Pics: In ‘76 we traded the 411 in for a bus like the one pictured below. by David Knight #26761.1.1.1.1
Nice Late Bay David (EOM) by John Roberts #26761.1.1.1.1.1
I have cursed these slowpoke vans on hilly roads for years!!! Infuriating. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #26761.1.1.1.1.2
Cursor's plastic 1:40 version, picking up VW promos where Wiking left off. by Harvey Goranson #26761.1.1.1.1.3
After many VW’s, Mom’s especially poor quality ‘74 412 brought her back to American cars. (EOM) by John Sharisky #26761.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone