Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Raymond Paszkiewicz
Posted On: Wednesday November 20, 2019 at 2:15 PM

I believe all 1948 Pontiacs are Silver Streaks. That is broken down into 2 series, the Torpedo, and the Streamliner. The Streamliner Pontiac station wagon, then came as a standard and DeLuxe. The Standard, had the black rubber fender pad and no molding on the front fender. The DeLuxe had the chrome pad and a molding. I think that is all correct, as stated.Pontiac knew they could sell everything they made, with pent up demand from the war, so they loaded up the cars with accessories. The father of a friend of mine took delivery of a new 1946 Streamliner sedan-coupe. right after the war. It was loaded, except for whitewalls, which he couldn't get easily in 1946, but he did have a rear window windshield wiper, blinds in the rear window, a sun visor, tissue dispenser, big eight tube radio, underseat heater, oil filter, fog lights, and many other accessories. A really nice car to ride in for a little kid, that loved cars.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

another car quiz - 2 old photos (cars and trucks) by Karl Schnelle #26758
1948 Pontiac Silver Streak. (EOM) by Jack Dodds #26758.1
Jack was first, but I found pictures that show a little variation. (pics) by David Holcombe #26758.1.1
1948 Pontiac by Raymond Paszkiewicz #26758.1.1.1
I bet it was beautiful! (EOM) by John Kuvakas #26758.1.1.1.1Zone Diplomat

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone