Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Frank Racibozynski
Posted On: Friday November 22, 2019 at 7:21 PM

Picky, picky. There were those details & others. Still a top movie & '66 Sebring win was mentioned..
by Damon near the end of the movie when he said that Miles would have been a rare triple crown winner with Daytona, Sebring, and LeMans. As movies go, this one does a good job of conveying not just the big picture story, but even more importantly the Feel and Optics of being in Sports/GT racing.

For those of us who were big time motorsports fans back then, we're probably the few who could notice these shortcomings. Quite honestly, even documentaries produced by respected automotive journalists and organizations have errors and missing facts that have become enshrined for future generations as "true history". FvF is an entertaining and informative story. Whether it actually happened or not, I love the scene where Shelby looks up at a verbally agitated Ferrari and says "I don't know Italian, but I think he's angry".

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

I saw Ford vs. Ferrari last night. Good movie, but perhaps another title would be: by Harvey Goranson #26776
Picky, picky. There were those details & others. Still a top movie & '66 Sebring win was mentioned.. by Frank Racibozynski #26776.1
Yeah Frank there were a few good lines, and I did say I liked the movie. by Harvey Goranson #26776.1.1
Took the wife kicking and screaming to see the flick. She walked away loving it. The story was by Tom Ciryak #26776.1.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone