Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Robert Jacobs
Posted On: Friday November 22, 2019 at 8:15 PM

...and one of the few that I'd prefer to the actual 1:1.

Call me old school, but 'twas a time when a Rolls was a Rolls and not an overpriced BMW styled by those with no understanding or appreciation for the marque or it's customers. Like the unlamented "New Beetle", I think the Wraith looks garish and cheap and an attempt not to define the marque but a lack of creativity evidenced by youngsters in charge of styling sourcing their "inspiration" not from talent or actual ability, but old photos from the company historical archives and pulling a few styling cues from a truly great car, the mid '50's Continental.

See also: The volks across the strasse at Bentley with the silly round headlights.

Sorry, I'm showing my cynicism. Status isn't defined by an absurdly high price and a fat wallet and even larger ego required to make the purchase.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

A new RR Wraith coupe cruised through town, first one I ever saw. I want a 1:43! by Mark Lampariello #26777
I thought the Wraith looked much better in person than any photo I saw. The interior is amazing. by John Kuvakas #26777.1Zone Diplomat
'The owners could care less about our opinions!' ....isn't that the reason they buy them John....? by BenD Lampson #26777.1.1
Maybe so. But I doubt my thinking they're ugly will dissuade anyone from buying one, hasn't yet.. by John Kuvakas #26777.1.1.1Zone Diplomat
I understand what you are saying now John...I was thinking in the opposite direction when I read by BenD Lampson #26777.1.1.1.1
I think we're on the same page...errr...forum. (EOM) by John Kuvakas #26777.1.1.1.1.1Zone Diplomat
Lexuses are ugly but people keep buying them. (EOM) by Harvey Goranson #26777.1.1.1.1.1.1
Ugly Lexuses by Fred Lewis #26777.1.1.1.1.1.1.1
Yes - Predator.I also saw a photoshoped pic of a Toyota executive.... by Harvey Goranson #26777.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1
Harv, Toyota designers pay homage to "Mecha" which is extremely popular by Randall Olson #26777.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1
I'd like a 1:43 too.... by Robert Jacobs #26777.2
Having toured the Bentley factory I can see why they are so expensive... by John Roberts #26777.2.1
I recall a trip to Sindelfingen.... by Robert Jacobs #26777.2.1.1
A friend of mine took European delivery of his 944 many years ago. by Harvey Goranson #26777.2.1.1.1
I was expecting white gloved craftsmen in white lab coats... by Robert Jacobs #26777.2.1.1.1.1
There's a terrific book about assembly lines---Ben Hamper's "Rivethead" by Rick Thompson #26777.2.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone