Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Graeme Ogg
Posted On: Saturday November 23, 2019 at 9:21 AM

Thanks for that. Still couldn't find his "chop" photos, but
plenty of other interesting stuff there. Anyway, I can tell pretty easily how he went about it, and from some of the other "conversion in progress" photos on these pages it's pretty obvious that great minds think alike. Obviously I include myself in that category, I'm just usually too modest to say it out loud.

Incidentally, speaking of Rolls and Bentley styling (and model conversions) some former MAR readers may just recall I came up with my own idea for a Bentley SUV a few years ago, based on the Minichamps Flying Spur sedan, and personally (being totally unbiased and unprejudiced, of course) I believed it was more stylish and interesting than the Bentayga they eventually came up with. But maybe not many people would agree with me (a guy on the Bentley stand at a motor show was distinctly sniffy about it, but mainly because Bentley "would never really contemplate anything as undignified as an SUV". Hah!

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

OR --scratch-build your own. This fellow started with the Kyosho Ghost.. by Mark Lampariello #26778
Nicely done conversion, but ... by Graeme Ogg #26778.1
To see prior pages look for the tiny horizontal listing of page numbers at the top, 256 is latest by Mark Lampariello #26778.1.1
Thanks for that. Still couldn't find his "chop" photos, but by Graeme Ogg #26778.1.1.1
Being sensitive to your sense of humility and aversion to self-promotion, I'm not going to tell you by John Kuvakas #26778.1.1.1.1Zone Diplomat
Yeah, I wouldn't do that either John - might give him a big head. (EOM) by Harvey Goranson #26778.1.1.1.1.1
I wish i could speak as eloquently, so I'll just say +1 by BenD Lampson #26778.1.1.1.1.2
Graeme can express himself far more eloquently. He just doesn't like to show off. by John Kuvakas #26778.1.1.1.1.2.1Zone Diplomat
p.s. On the subject of humility ... by Graeme Ogg #26778.1.1.1.1.2.1.1
OK, while I've got you there, like deer in the headlights . . . by Graeme Ogg #26778.1.1.1.1.2.2
In all seriousness, I do admire you talent, Graeme. Thanks for sharing with us. (EOM) by John Kuvakas #26778.1.1.1.1.2.2.1Zone Diplomat
Excellent craftmanship.... You should work for Brooklin models. (EOM) by BenD Lampson #26778.1.1.1.1.2.2.2
Wow! for both conversions. I hope the folks of the RR forum are impressesd too! by Mark Lampariello #26778.1.1.1.1.2.2.3
Too kind. It might be fun to post them on that Caradisiac site ... by Graeme Ogg #26778.1.1.1.1.2.2.3.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone