Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: David Crowe
Posted On: Monday November 25, 2019 at 1:00 PM

Thanks for the link. Desperate times they were.
Absolutely comical how the Cadillac advertising suggested that a better trained driver could learn to operate the V8-6-4 on six or four cylinders. I contend that was not possible. Six cylinder operation was a mere brief step down before dropping back to four on the highway. And coaxing the sleeping four back into operation for a hill was no small task. Almost as bad as getting a Ford overdrive transmission out of overdrive in about the same time period.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

Sometimes I wonder why the 1:1 wasn't more successful. (pics) by David Holcombe #26798
The ill-fated fuel injection was a big culprit. (EOM) by David Crowe #26798.1
Did that car have the Cadillac 4.1 litre motor with the 'digital' fuel injection? by BenD Lampson #26798.1.1
Ben, the pic is of a Chrysler. Tha Cad was junk. (EOM) by Steve Jakubczak #26798.1.1.1
The 4.1 Cad engine was a dark time for GM. by John Kuvakas #26798.1.1.1.1Zone Diplomat
John, how did the Cadillac 4.1 V6 compare. I know that was just a couple of years... by David Crowe #26798.1.1.1.1.1
Derived from the Buick 3.8, it was certainly more reliable by John Kuvakas #26798.1.1.1.1.1.1Zone Diplomat
Thanks for the link. Desperate times they were. by David Crowe #26798.1.1.1.1.1.1.1
yeah...I thought it was a Caddy...thanks for pointing that out for me. (EOM) by BenD Lampson #26798.1.1.1.2

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone