Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Clifford Read
Posted On: Tuesday November 26, 2019 at 10:28 AM

(PICS) Franklin mint made some cool 1/43 scale detailed Mack Trucks a couple of decades ago
The two earlier Macks are B61 models depicting Macks from the mid'50s up until the late '60s.
The later Mack tanker was done by FM in 1996 and represented the current Mack of the day...a Mack CH613 daycab. The roof is removeable to see the then state of the art truck interior.
I modified the B61 dumptruck by replacing the plated plastic fender mounted mirrors with thinner gage ones from soldered brass. I also painted out some of the excessive plating (this was a municipal work truck), and painted the wheel rims in grey after deepening the rear ones.

Considering that FM produced these models two decades ago, I still think these were quite well done.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

(PICS) Franklin mint made some cool 1/43 scale detailed Mack Trucks a couple of decades ago by Clifford Read #26809
Interesting. I don't think I have seen these before. Thanks for posting them. (EOM) by David Holcombe #26809.1
They are well done and also hard to come by. (EOM) by John Kuvakas #26809.2Zone Diplomat
Very nice models and great quality (EOM) by Jacques Roest #26809.3
I have both tanker trucks and think they are excellent models. (EOM) by Bob Jackman #26809.4
Thanks for the tips on the dump truck Clifford. by Harvey Goranson #26809.5
wow by Bob Davis #26809.6

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone