Legacy Motors Presents FORUMS: Hosted by John Kuvakas
  New News New Releases List & Reviews Legacy Motors Auctions Forums Features Register FAQs Clubs
  Forum 24 ·  Forum 18 ·  Forum 43 ·  Forum 64 ·  The Lounge ·  Register ·  Help ·  Guidelines ·  Support Zone

Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Posted By: Raymond Paszkiewicz
Posted On: Wednesday November 27, 2019 at 11:52 AM

I hate to be the one who disagrees with a few members of the Forum ,but I thought the Ford Crown Vics were terrible cabs. My wife, my son, and I would squeeze into the back of the Ford, banging our knees on the center divider, which took up way too much of the floor space. We were not overweight, just tall. My wife was only 5'2", 120 lbs.
The Checkers were a different story, all the room in the world, plus little swing out stool type seats. for extra passengers. When I made the Victory Checker A6 cabs, I really thought they were the best style and very roomy, too. They were made from 1946 to 1954, with minor revisions.
Two the the Victory versions are pictured here. I was a teenager, when I rode in these. My cousin and I would spend the weekend in NY, staying at the old Hotel Abbey, no longer in existence (became a parking lot). When I was a 10 year old traveling in with my Dad, we rode in a 1947 Packard 6 cyl. Clipper. What a beauty. Picture enclosed of one of our trips, atop Rockefeller Center. Great times, great cars to see in the city. Much better than the Crown Vics.

Go back to Diecast Forums Forum 43 Diecast Zone

Message thread:

NYC Taxis by Victory Models by Raymond Paszkiewicz #26825
Beautiful models, Raymond, and thanks for sharing good memories. (EOM) by David Holcombe #26825.1
I remember these from NYC. by Richard Nosker #26825.2
Those are beautiful models, Raymond. by David Knight #26825.3
Ray, I too remember the Crown Victorias being very short of by Bob Jackman #26825.3.1

New News  ·  List & Reviews  ·  Legacy Motors  ·  Auctions  ·  Forums  ·  Polls  ·  Features  ·  Register  ·  FAQs  ·  Clubs

Copyright © 2019 Legacy Diecast Models and Diecast Zone